Facebook Badge

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A+B=

This series is based in geometrical sequences and chaos. Throughout my life I have have been fighting mathematics. In grade school my dislike for math and geometry grew. I hired tutors and stayed after class to gain some clarity on the subject to no avail. I attended summer school 5 years in a row in 6th,7th,8th,9th, and 10th grades. During the summer sessions I would draw in class constantly and pass by the skin of my teeth. I would fill my notebooks so much there was no room for notes so I decided to get a sketchbook. Much of the frustration I had during that time was released by drawing. This left me with a calm state of mind and the ability to focus.

The work in this series is combining the early confusion of math with the new respect for math I currently have. I created this series listening to Jazz because the first time I heard Jazz it was very chaotic, after listening for a while the expertise of the musicians comes to light. I feel this sums up the relationship I have with mathematics at first it was all chaos until I realized its elegance. I began to study sacred geometry and the work of the masters this showed me importance of mathematics and geometry have in, creating visually pleasing work.

The past year I have been combining my early chaotic methods then adding my new found appreciation for elegant mathematic formulas.

abopp 2010



















No comments:

Post a Comment