Facebook Badge

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

STRIPES

I asked friends to pose as models and wear stripes. Instead of a normal photo shoot I wanted them to take the pictures themselves. I did this because a photo shoot would be unnatural for most of them.

Currently the social networking craze has affected most of America. Taking new profile pictures is as natural as breathing to avid users of such sites. I wanted to go where the subject matter is. This series is based how the internet can become habitual. The method I asked for photos for the most part was the Internet. I wanted to go about getting the photos this way because it shows how connected and disconnected we are at all times. The reason I chose Stripes is prisoners used to wear them in the early 20th century.This series is still in its collection phase and I am currently adding more work. (A special thank you goes out to those willing to model and assisting me in this series)

We are sometimes trapped in a a routine or a habit that we become a prisoner to whether it is the internet, smoking, food ect

abopp 2010
































No comments:

Post a Comment